Sunday, May 14, 2006

My First Mother's Day

Today is my first Mother's Day! It has been a wonderful one! Garett and Owen bought me a book that I love, it's called "You are my I love you". I reccomend it to any parent, especially those with young children. They also gave a New Mommy Survival Kit, complet with an eye mask to shut out the light for day time napping and a deck of cards that have daily suggestions for how to relax and have fun. Thanks for the wonderful gifts!

The next best part of my Mother's Day happened soon after midnight. Owen woke up as he sometimes does during the night. Garett was in the room soothing him, I walked in and Owen cried out "Mommy"! How awesome is that!?! He called me Mommy for the first time on Mother's Day. Good timing Owen. :) It is so much fun for us to watch him learn and grow, trying out new things. We are very proud of our little Owen.

I love being Owen's mother and feel so blessed to have such a happy family. It would not be so wonderful if I did not have Garett as my companion, he is a great support to me and a great Dad to Owen.

Happy Mother's Day to all of our Mom's!

No comments: