Today we enjoyed the much anticipated anniversary lunch. We got a baby sitter and went out to a Japanese steak house. I finally enjoyed the steak that I have been craving for a month now and Garett went with some tasty chicken. It was a bit strange sitting there not having to battle Owen for a fork or knife. It was relaxing, I loved it. Garett said he did too. Now that my sister has moved closer to us I think we might go out more often.
I've been thinking back on my past and to me it's amazing how much my life has changed over the past six years. I returned home from serving a mission, met - dated and married Garett. I enjoyed most of my working years, had a wonderful little baby boy who turned our world upside down and have a girl on the way, who I'm sure will follow in the footsteps of her brother.
My life has gone from selfless service, to selfish indulgence - buying and doing whatever I wanted when I wanted, and now as of two years ago back to selfless (and thankless) service. What a roller coaster ride. I can honestly say that my best years are the ones where I give the most. Those are my happiest years. Garett and I have this conversation probably once a week, we both agree that we love our lives. I love my family, I love how I spend my time, I love who I spend my time with, and we have the things we need. Garett is a wonderful husband, father and friend. I feel blessed to be so happy.
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment