Thursday, December 04, 2008

"Mommy Fall?"

Yesterday I used our new latter to put up Christmas lights. I'm excited to have lights up for the first time in my married life. Our drive way slants downward towards the road which made it seems very steep on the latter. I not sure if I'm afraid of heights, but I know I am terrified of falling.
I thought my plan through, I waited for Charly's nap time, I laid out all the lights carefully, and occupied the little ones inside the house. I put my cell phone in my pocket in case I fell then I could call for help if needed. I start thinking a cell phone is only helpful if I don't break the arm on that side of my body or get knocked out. Should I put up the lights? It could wait. No, the lights are going up. So up I go, I'm on a roll, doing good. I'm half way done, Owen comes to visit. "Mommy it's cold." "Yep" "What's Mommy do-ing? Mommy fall down? Mommy ouch? Mommy fall down - ouch." "No Owen Mommy no fall down, I'm fine, just putting up lights." Something catches my eye, it's a vulture soaring over my house. Hum. Maybe the lights can wait till later. No. So I finish putting up the lights. So pretty! I'm excited! Then I realize I put then entire portipon over the garage on backwards. Dang it! I managed to fix it and not fall. Ta Dah! I'll try to capture a good picture of them lit up tonight.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations! You are braver than I. I always have Brian put up the lights, and he usually only does one string along the front:)

Anonymous said...

Nice...I'm glad the vulture didn't get a meal from you.