Monday, May 11, 2009

Owen's First Day of School!

My little guy had his very first day of school today. Even though there are only three weeks left I thought it would be good for him (and me). He is already set up to go to school next year as well. I'm glad for the program and I hope we can all learn some things to help Owen during the summer.
I think it is clear how the morning started.

He protested all the way to the car.

Then a little reminder for me. :( It was hard having him gone, but it really wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. No tears. :)

Then tah-dah! I picked him up right on time and he was happy. He said he liked school and that he would go back tomorrow. The teacher told me he ate his breakfast and did well all day. He did get upset once and asked for his Daddy, but got over it quickly.

Hurray Owen! What a big boy!

6 comments:

wendi and marilee said...

Yea! Go Owen! That is cool that he was ok. Being in nursery had to have helped him with this big transition. I'm sure it was hard to let him go be a big boy but you'll be fine.

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

Woo Hoo for you both! I actually had a way harder time watching Millie go to pre school than I did with K. She couldn't have been more happy.

I am so happy for you guys to have gotten into that program right now.

Anonymous said...

OWEY OWEY!!!! Yeah, what a BIG boy! Good Job April!

Rhonda White said...

I'm so glad he had a good first day!!! He will probably be upset after the 3 weeks is over because he'll like it so much.

Bryn said...

Hooray for Owen! He'll do great!

Anonymous said...

ldslistings.blogspot.com