The experiences that only motherhood could produce have changed me tremendously. I remember once Owen was born and then again when Charly came along, that suddenly the world turned in to an amazing playground. Something to crawl, walk, or slobber on. They have taught me to slow down and notice the smallest of things like a worm or a Cheerio stuck in a weird place. I have learned to cool my temper, to be an advocate for them, to be patient, to reschedule, to say "no" and "yes". I have rediscovered the joy of playing cars and making toys talk, of wearing really cool bandaids even without a boo boo, and getting dirty outside. With them I love reading books, learning, cuddling, kissing, tickling, singing, dancing and discovering. They have taught me that sacrafice does yeild blessings, that the Lord does hear your prayers, that while life isn't fair you can still be happy, and that the love between a mother and child is the greatest that you can experience. Heavenly Father has better sight than we do and He knew that in families we would have trials and pain but through them we would have blessings and joy. I'm grateful to have been trusted and blessed with my children. I pray that I can help raise them up to the potential that God know is within them.



3 comments:
"Forget and Under Appreciate Your Mom Day", he he he. So true.
You are a GREAT mother April. Your kids are very lucky to have you as their mom. Happy Mothers Day.
Great pictures by the way.
I love the pictures of the kids! They are adorable!
I'm sorry that you haven't felt appreciated today...one day your kids will be able to express it better than they can now...probably sooner than you think! And they definitely appreciate what you do even if they can't say or show it right now!
April, thanks for writing that. Such a good reminder of why we get to be a mom. You are wonderful!
Post a Comment