Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Getting Back To Normal

So much has changed since a week ago. We are now potty training with mixed results. Owen went #2 on the potty for the first time while I was in Idaho. He also started sleeping in his big boy bed. Sissy is now napping in the crib (not in my room) and rolled over for the first time yesterday. I finally finished painting the down stairs. Now I have to finish the hall ways. I still have a ton to do but the big things are out of the way for now.

I've been worried lately because of gas prices. And we all know when the gas prices go up it's only a matter of time before prices on everything else goes up. Last night I was watching the news and they are saying that we can expect another rise in food prices but because of all the mid west flooding. I hate thinking that it will become difficult to feed my family. This is where food storage is a huge plus!!! I'm so far behind on being prepared, it makes my stomach hurt. I understand natural disasters causing temporary price hikes but the gas? Come on! These oil companies are making billions every year while we continue to pay through the nose. The rich get richer, what a bunch of low lives.

1 comment:

Bryn said...

Girlfriend, you know how much gas is out here in SD? 4.70 (minimum for low grade). Ouch!!! I heard that it is only getting higher but it won't be cost effective to look in to alternative fuels, (Hydrogen, etc..) until gas gets to $8 a gallon. We just have more fun to look forward to.
On the potty training, we are on the same boat with Gavin. We just keep watching the movies, reading the books, talking about and trying when he can. He did it today! Small victories- hooray! I will be thinking of you and Owen while gavin and I sing songs in the bathroom! Potty Power!
love ya!