Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Birthday / Happy Father's Day!!

Today has been a very special day in our home. It was Garett's Birthday and Father's Day. We started the celebration yesterday by going on a date to the movies.... The Incredible Hulk was incredible! We loved it. We came back and got the kids and went to O'Charley's for dinner. Owen ate a ton of food! I don't think I've ever seen him eat so much. We gave Garett his birthday cards and a gift. Then we went shopping for a new ceiling fan for our living room. The one we had was ugly, unstable and we were sick of looking at it and hearing it moan.... Back to the celebrations, today we started off with Father's Day cards and a couple of surprises for Garett. Then went to church, later we had Pepper Steak and Rice for dinner followed by Birthday cake!

Wild party goers. :) Ha Ha



I'm guessing this was at least 30 years ago. :)
So cute! I love the shirt. :)

A few last thoughts. I asked Garett if 6 years ago when we had our first date if he ever would have guessed he would be celebrating with a wife and two kids? He laughed and said no. I don't know anyone whose lives turn out the way they think they will. Heavenly Father blesses us with lives better than we could imagine. I'm grateful to have married a guy that is so opposite of me, we really balance each other out. I love that he is kind and loving. He is a hard worker, a determined guy and a great provider temporally, spiritually and emotionally. We love you! Happy Birthday! Happy Father's Day!

No comments: