Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Still Here

You know when you are trying to do something quietly you seem to make a ton of noise? I'm trying to type quietly. My sweet niece is sleeping next to me and waking her would be terrible for the both of us. My hand have been so full since Thanksgiving. My sister Wendi is moving to Georgia from South Carolina and is taking finals at the same time so Marilee is hanging out with us for the week. Good luck on your finals Wendi!

So for those who do not know, Marilee is 1 almost 2, Owen is 2 almost 3 and Charly is 8 months old. So our lives are filled with little hands, feet, diapers and tiny attitudes. :) I'm not complaining, just providing an excuse for why I haven't called, blogged, or emailed.

Thanksgiving weather was so nice we couldn't resist going outside to play.
As it turns out, wet sand is way more fun than dry sand.

Sour Cream Pound Cake is a traditional food for nearly all of our family gatherings that include eating. Maybe you care, maybe you don't. But I was so proud of how perfect my Sour Cream Pound Cake turned out, I had to post it. It tasted perfect too.



This Week
For family night we had a lesson on the Savior's birth. And we made this Nativity from the Friend magazine. We read some of the story from the Bible and sang Christmas songs. The kids did a better than usual job at paying attention.



Marilee helped decorate the tree, she found a few "special" ornaments that she wanted to carry around all day. Please note the cute pig tails. I put her hair up and she kept flipping her hair around and saying "Cute!" she really is.

Garett vs Marilee and The Man of Steel
The kids love to play with Garett, and he does a fantastic job of entertaining and winding the kids up right before bed time. I'm happy he makes the effort to play with them and to show them love. I just hope the timing of the rough housing can get bumped up an hour or so.

I bribed the kids with M&M's to smile for me. It so totally worked. The tree is decorated, no ornaments at the bottom, I'm guessing our tree will look like that for a few more years to come.

So here it is after midnight, I finally have my hands free. Dishes are still undone, but I'm on my third load of laundry. Now maybe I can catch some Z's before the nightly ritual of babies waking up starts. :)

1 comment:

wendi and marilee said...

Hi Marilee! Mama misses you!! I'll see you this weekend.