Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy Birthday To ME!

Today, by no fault of my own, I turned 30. I'm still not quite sure about how I feel regarding this new number. I'm hesitant to claim it as mine. I've never cared much about my age, but for some reason this one is bugging me. Regardless, I had a fantastic day! First I was treated to a delicious lunch by my friend and neighbor, Erica. We came home and watched the kids play and our neighbor and good friend, Rhonda, came out to "play" too. :) Surrounded by my favorite people all morning. :) I got lots of phone calls, a fun visit from my friend Melissa and kids, Facebook shout outs and "good mail". To top off the day, another favorite person, Garett, took me and the kids to eat at O'Charly's, yum! We came home and did the singing and cake part.

Since I am on a mission to create the perfect cupcake I was experimenting with my own birthday cake. I tried new frosting recipe and new colors. (new to me - I usually just use the canned stuff)

I learned to put the frosting in the fridge if it gets too soft.

And that if you wet the sparula between swipes, the frosting will smooth better. I still need lots of practice.

Then I gave decorating my very first try. It's not great but I tried. It clearly takes practice. Or maybe it's only clear that I need to practice.


And scribbling out "happy birthday" from a sandwich will not be done next time. :)

Me and my crazy kids. (Charly has nearly pulled her piggy tails out. - Goof ball)

"Happy De-Bert" Kisses for Mommy!

:) It looks like Charly is punching out my teeth. :)

Kisses for Daddy too!

And for Owey!

Love you guys!

Thank you everyone for celebrating my birthday with me!

3 comments:

Bryn said...

Happy Birthday April! We are all so lucky to have you in our lives!

Wendy said...

Cute cake April! I love the colors you made. I am glad you had a fun day!
So you and Billy don't just have the same birthday, but you were born on the same day of the same year! He turned 30 also!

skotandchristi said...

You guys are so cute! BTW, I can't stand looking at the TV pics... it's so disturbing. :)