Friday, March 06, 2009
I Nearly Forgot
A Mommy Moment I don't want to forget for a long time. A simple happy moment. Today I had Charly, Owen and Marilee in the van with me. Before the freak out stage of the afternoon began we were all having fun listening to Fleetwood Mac (I'm a big fan - bet you didn't know). The kids are rocking back and forth side to side, clapping their hands, kicking their feet all in time with the music. The windows are down letting in fresh air, breathing it in felt good. Singing along - even though I cannot carry a tune, not even if my life depended on it. Toddlers don't judge. It was such a happy moment. Everyone content. I try to remember those moments and look forward to them, especially on the tough days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love moments like that! Sometimes they are hard to remember, though on the really bad days:) When Ethan, our oldest, was a baby, the only thing that would calm him when he cried was when Brian would sing "Born to Be Wild" at the top of his lungs. Ethan still loves rock and roll:)
Post a Comment