Saturday, April 11, 2009

Unsolved Mysteries

Just a minute to blog between baby bubble baths and being climbed on like a jungle gym. There are a few things I have been wondering about. First, who has been picking at my wall? It was a simple indentation but has gotten worst. I couldn't tell if it was Owen or Charly and then.... I caught her red handed. Mystery solved.

Next, while I was at the library with the kids earlier this week we spotted a large animal walking by one of the glass window that goes to the floor. Owen squealed, "It's a squirrel!" But it was bigger than a house cat. It was a dark reddish brown and really fluffy. It was cute. But I didn't know what it was. A little googling later... It was a Groundhog. I found this picture online, but our sweet little groundhog was way prettier. Oh and Groundhogs are the largest members of the squirrel family. Good call Owen!

Okay, I admit, this one is a little odd. But I have been wondering for a while how glitter is made and where are the factories? This is what I found.. "Although a significant amount of glitter is now manufactured overseas, the product itself was invented by an American cattle farmer named Ruschman during the 1930s, although some sources say he invented the product after World War II. His company, Meadowbrook Inventions, is still the world's largest supplier of glitter. Customers can order glitter directly from the company, in a wide assortment of shapes, colors, sizes and materials." They are located in Bernardville NJ in case you were wondering. Also, on their internet video they claim to have over 20,000 types of glitter they can make.

This last one isn't much of a mystery, only that I want to know what is the obsession with the diaper bag? My kids want to (and do) empty it daily. I hide it, they find it and empty it. Keeping it behind locked doors is the only useful deterrent. They seem to really love making messes and driving me nuts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting, very interesting. By the way I can't see the third picture. And yes! What a mess!