Thursday, June 04, 2009

Owen's Last Day of School

He was a Knox Knight for 3 solid weeks!


Charly and I attended the awards ceremony and party for Owen's last day of school. He wasn't thrilled about me sitting across the room from him so he pouted until he cried. :(


Then to my lap for the rest of the ceremonies. Oh well.

At least he participated from my lap.

Owen was happy to get his "papers" from school. He recieved an award for attending the first and last year that the program ran at Knox Elementary, one for Eagerness and one for perfect attendance. Hurray! He made it to school every day for 3 weeks. :) That will be much harder to accomplish next year.

Even though he wasn't in school for long he did make some progress. He is already speaking more and signing more. He has said new phrases like, "Ya, I am", "Mom you messed up", "Guess what", and "I be good boy". Music to my ears. I think I will be a little sad when he quits saying cute things like cake-cakes for cupcakes. School starts again August 3rd!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEA!! For Owen. We are so proud of you. Speaking better and signing too. Who knew you could improve "perfection", cause that is what you are to us. : ) Nonetheless we are so happy you got to go to school, and that you did so well! Thanks to April for being such a good Mother, too. Love, Nana, Papa, and Aunt Nicole XOXOXO