Friday, April 04, 2008

I'm Moving in Slow Motion

Today was the first day I left the house with both of the kids on my own. We went to Walmart to do some light shopping. I started getting ready last night. I packed the diaper bag, laid out clothing and wrote out my game plan so I could be efficient. I start at 8AM I'm showering, hair to dry, got dressed before 2pm!, makeup for the first time in days, feeding Owen, dressing Owen, prodding Garett to get out of bed, feeding Olivia, changing Olivia, changing Olivia again, pulling out the coupons I forgot, revising my list, chatting with Heidi, finally getting to use the breast pump in privacy - yes still having feeding issues, wiping a nose, prodding Garett to get out of bed promising him breakfast if he wakes up..... on and on and on until 1pm when I finally leave the house needing to make this a quick trip because we have to be home by 2pm for a nap that Owen will refuse to take.

We are now at Walmart! While Owen can walk and follow instructions, he usually chooses to run and ignore everything I say when we are in any store. So Owen rides shot gun. That leaves me with the dilemma of where to put the baby. I ended up putting her (still in the carrier) in the back of the buggy, so now I have no room for the groceries. Moms, how do you do it? Is there some magical way of balancing all this? Send some suggestions please!

Finally we are at home getting everyone and everything out of the car is an ordeal, I'm glad it's not raining. I've put away the groceries and put Owen to nap, fed Olivia, put Olivia down for a nap, back to the breast pump (I know all the glam), all while listening to Owen on the baby monitor trying to trick me in to coming to bail him out of nap time jail. I really want a nap. Owen succeds in getting my attention by screaming "Mom! I'm poop!" He lied. His diaper, however, was thrown across the room and he had peed in the bed. So now the laundry is running and I'm feeling grateful for water proofing on bedding.

This all leads me to the tired but happy state I'm in right now. I love my life. I love my husband, my kids and all the exausting adventures we are experiencing while we adjust to our new addition. Here is the best part of today.....


My kid gets to wear his favorite car on his bum.
That makes him happy, so I'm happy too.

Sweet smiles, hugs and kisses from my boy.
It make it all worth it.

Watching Owen love his sister - next to bliss.

Owen Learning that sharing is caring works for me.

4 comments:

Bryn said...

I had feeding issues with Gavin, too. It was hard. It took him about 4 weeks to catch on. I am sorry you are having problems. Hope it gets easier. She is so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

We got our baby announcement in the mail today and it is beautiful!!! Of course it would be because she is. LOL Oh well my advice on balancing the baby drama of who sits where in walmart (if they have them there) is at our walmart they have what looks like racecar buggies where the toddler sits right in front of you in a seat with a seatbelt and the baby can still sit in the top basket and you have all of the bottom basket for groceries. Its just an idea that seems to work well for parents here. Let me know if this helps.

Love ya'll,
Nicole and Linda

Jennie said...

Whew! Just reading that makes me tired! It was tough getting out the house in the beginning withe, nevermind two. let me know if you learn any tricks! And if you haven't decided my vote is for Olivia. I love that name! She is precious!

Heather Alvarez said...

I love your blog... I just laugh at every post. HAHA! If only I knew I can barely make it to Wal-Mart with one!