Friday, January 16, 2009

Christmas In Mississippi

With Garett's work schedule we were not sure if we were going to have the time to go to Mississippi to visit family. Last minute we got word that we would be able to go! So we packed quickly and took off. I was worried about the kids having a hard time with the long car ride but it worked out fine since we left at 7pm, they slept most of the way.

Hey big guy. It looks like you need a taller seat.

Charly wasted no time falling asleep.


Since we drove through the night we had time to visit and relax. Charly took a nap on nearly everyone there. :) Owen spent as much time outside as possible. He loves exploring and playing in the dirt. There are horses next door so he liked watching them too, but chasing the cats was the best. He kept trying to rub their backs with sticks and what Owen called a hammer, the cats knew better than to hang around for that kind of love.

Charly taking a nap with Aunt Nicole.



Notice the cat in the bush. I just happened to catch him goofing around.

Owen's "hammer". It's metal and dangerous for sure. No wonder the cats were running. No cats were harmed. And the "hammer" was removed from the toddler.

Charly catching some rays, it was 70 degrees. :) I miss the warm weather. While we were in MS Charly started to wave at everyone. It was so funny, everytime Charly saw Nana Charly would throw her arm up and wave.

Owen in persuit.

Opening presents.

Eatting presents.

Owen's cousin Keaton. Keaton is 3 months older. They look like brothers. They played together well too.

Saturday we said out good-bye's and headded home. We tried leaving earlier in the day. We ended up having to take time in the middle of the trip for the kids to get out and move. They did so well with the break in the middle, it just made for a long trip home.

The family. Wayne is missing.

I love you too Owen.

This is the double I Love You, also known as Airplanes, but not Hang Ten. I keep telling him that it's Hang Ten too, he gets mad and tells me No Hang Ten Mama. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW, he looks SO BIG in these pictures! I can't believe it!