Have you ever had a morning like this? Baby wakes up early, okay not too bad. Husband has a hard time waking up. No big deal right. 3-year-old sleeps in till 10:30 - woo hoo! Then the next hour gets a bit crazy... I'm on the phone, Baby's throwing a fit, there is a plastic bag stuck to her foot. With in minutes Baby and 3-year-old destroy hours of organizing. :( Baby pulls three drawer plastic organiser (bigger than she is) over on to herself. She is trapped. 3-year-old sees this as an opportunity. Crash with the truck, Baby is crying. Problem resolved, lets all chill okay. I turn my back for a second, pushing, shoving and biting occur, oh, and lots of screaming too. I'm off the phone some where in all that mess and 3-year-old disappears. I change the 3rd poopy diaper of the morning. Baby is tired, crying begins. We go downstairs for a bottle. Panic !!!!!Ohhh!!!! Owen!!!!! What have you done!!???!!!???!!!!!!!!! Augh!!!! Where did you get spray paint???!!!??? 3-year-old has happily spray painted his expensive birthday present. He is confused. Mommy should be happy too, why does her face look like that? I have 3-year-old washing his hands while I scrub the toy furiously trying to beat the quick dry results the advertisements claim. I get off a little but for the most part it's too late. No big deal right, at least it's just a toy. Worse things could happen. He will just have to have a messed up toy, his problem not mine. What's that smell? Again??? Who pooped? Baby. I make her a bottle, lay her on the floor to change the diaper, as soon as I'm done she is off to nap. I glance up. No, please no! Great now I'm in trouble too. 3-year-old has spray painted the TV screen. I move at the speed of light to attempt to wipe any paint off that hasn't dried. No luck. I put baby in bed, she is content - at least one of us is. 3-year-old is in time out. I've got to call Daddy. :( I glance at the clock. 11:30 Seriously?
Prayers are welcome.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Wow. I am sooo feeling your pain. I had a morning like that last year, except instead of spray paint, it was permanent marker all over the new couches we had just gotten the day before:) BTW...I found out hair spray takes out permanent maker:) All I can suggest for you is to search online for the best way to get it all out safely, then hand the kids off to the hubby as soon as he gets home, and go get yourself some ice cream.
Man April, I'm so sorry! I was getting stressed for you just reading that. I wish I knew what could remove spray paint. I haven't been in that delimma...yet. Hopefully the rest of your day will go more smoothly!
Okay, so Billy just got home from work and I asked if he knew what could take the paint off. Is your screen glass? If so, he said you could use a razor blade and lacquer thinner. You or Garrett may have already found a solution, but just in case.
I only have one thing to say... "Oh, my word."
....Then off to call Heidi..
April--"Heidi, you will not believe what Owen just did...I'm in trouble. Well so is Owen."
Heidi--"Drew on the wall with permanent marker?"
April-- "No, I wish! But much worse. At least you can paint over the wall to fix it!"
Heidi-- "Oh no, not the carpet?!"
April-- "No, worse!"
Heidi-- "Seriously!? What did that kid do!?"
April-- "The T.V. aka Garetts."
Heidi-- "He's in trouble, yeah, and so are you"...as I Google: How to get spray paint off a tv.
Hope something worked! Bad Owey! :)
Yes a bit stressful, there is no way my Target finds for you make-up for that!
It's amazing how quickly you think you can lose your mind. Hang in there. You do have very cute kids.
Post a Comment