I can hardly believe that three years ago this morning Owen came into our world. After 38 weeks of pregnancy, craving potatoes and gagging at the smell of buttered popcorn and sink drains, the first addition to the Trent Family arrived. Weighing only 6 lbs and 13 oz, 20 and 3/4" long, he made a dramatic entrance. We nearly lost the little guy due to a prolapsed cord, his heart beat plummeted low with each contraction and he was not rebounding. I was told he needed to be delivered immediately. We were scared that our baby might not make it. I closed my eyes and thought of the only thing that came to mind, the song A Child's Prayer. With in 5 minutes of being told we were going for surgery we were in the operating room and baby Owen was delivered. A sweet yet intense spirit filled the room, it was joy, excitement, love and reverence all at the same time while a little boy cried his first cry.
We named him Garett Owen Trent. Garett after his Daddy and Owen because it means 'young warrior' we thought it was what he would need to be to survive in the world we live in today.
We named him Garett Owen Trent. Garett after his Daddy and Owen because it means 'young warrior' we thought it was what he would need to be to survive in the world we live in today.
He came out long in length, with long fingers and big feet and resembled a skinny wrinkled up old man, not quite fitting in to his over sized skin.
When we were leaving the hospital with Owen we laughed because no one was stopping us from leaving. We joked are they seriously trusting us to take him home?
He grew so big so quickly that we had to move him over to a big boys car seat at 5 months. He stayed at the top of the charts (and off the charts) for height and weight, and I got buff arms.
As a mom I had a very skewed version of reality, if his wrist rolls every started to part I would get so worried that I wasn't feeding him enough. I was next to tears in the doctors office worried that he was starving. The doctor chuckled and told me I had nothing to worry about. No kidding, what was I thinking?


Owen today. He has grown so much! As most of you know, he loves Superman. Other things among his long list of favorites...Bear, his blankly, Wall-E, his family-each one of them, Buzz Light Year, cars, trucks, planes, helicopters, jumping, running, "swimming" in the bath tub, playing in the sand, going to the Bounce House, making messes, going to nursery at church, talking on the phone with Mya, and playing with Play Dough.One wish he has - to play in the snow.








3 comments:
Are you trying to make me cry!? Geez April, I already miss him SO much, now I'm going to miss him even more! Owey, I love you big boy! Happy Birthday! Hope you like your SuperOwen shirt! :)
What a sweet post! Those sure are some adorable pictures of Owen. I LOVE the one of him by the train tracks!
Happy Birthday Owen! We had a great time at your Superman party!
Awww... Love the babies!
Post a Comment