Thursday, April 30, 2009

I can't stop cringing... Ick!!!

Okay, so this icky, disgusting, make me wanna gag, squeal and run spider is living on the back side of our house. Where he goes during the day - I don't know. But we know where he likes to have dinner every night. We snapped these shots of him/her poised for hunting. While we were observing it jumped to catch a moth!!! Augh!!! How do you get rid of it with out physical contact? It must die. I don't know for sure but I think it is a brown recluse. If it is then it is poisonous. I feel nauseated and my skin is crawling. :( I'm going to spray tomorrow. What would you do?

s

8 comments:

wendi and marilee said...

Holy Moley thats a big spider!!!

Wendy said...

Yuck...I also greatly dislike spiders! And if it's a brown recluse, I would say it has to go too. However, I felt a bit guilty when giving the Sunbeam lesson the other Sunday about Heavenly Father's creations. It specifically mentioned spiders and how most people don't like them, but they are part of His plan too. So, I guess I shouldn't be so squeamish about the non-poisonous types. But, if that's a brown recluse so close to where your kids play and such, I wouldn't want to take any chances! Maybe research what they look like to determine if it really is one?

Anonymous said...

You could take a long handled spoon and a large bowl, cup etc (anything with a lid) insert a couple of soaked alcohol pieces of cotton and coax spider in with spoon and attach lid fast. That way it don't die in vain. You can then give it to the next person who is doing a bug collection. Or you could just take the biggest can of spider poison you can find and spray the dickins out of it. LOL I warn you though spiders jump when sprayed. Love ya'll, Nicole

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

AHHHHH, That is freakin me out just looking at the picture. That thing is HUGE!!!

Get rid of it fast!

Rhonda White said...

That looks like the one that lives outside Drew's window during the summer. It builds a hugh web and comes out at night and then goes into the tubing that hangs from the roof during the day. They are so gross looking!!!

Opp Family said...

definitely spray it! I hate physical contact! Spray, spray away!

Anonymous said...

Oh my nastiness! I killed one like that one time. It came into my apartment by the front door. It had hundreds of babies on it back so that didn't go over well...until i got a bottle of bleach and sprayed them all to death! It was mean but the whole time I was having a heart attack thinking it would jump on me at any given time! YUCK! The clean up was gross too! By the way, Idaho doesn't have spiders like that! ha

Jaedyn, Landon, Tanner and Baby Bryn said...

I'd grab the closest shoe!