"Hey everyone,
I just wanted to update everyone and ask for prayers for Laurie, Brad and little P.J.
For those who don't know yet, our neighbors Brand and Laurie welcomed little P.J. Tuesday night! He is 6 lbs. 9 oz and 21 inches long. I've been told he has a head full of black hair too!
Laurie had to be induced 3 weeks before her due date because of early signs of toxemia (preeclampcia). After laboring since 4 am with no sign of progress her blood pressure shot up and she suffered seizures and a mild stroke so they went ahead and took PJ via C-section. Like I mentioned above, he is PERFECT!
Laurie is still having difficulty recovering from the stroke. They have run tests to make sure there is no permanent damage to the brain and so far all is good. But she still has no reflexes and very little movement and speech. They did a spinal tap this morning to confirm it is neurological and not physical. The Dr. told Brad this morning that they needed to start the Prayer Chain and "pray for her body to wake up". They Dr. also told Brad that this was not a normal side effect from Toxemia and that she must have had some pre-existing brain condition that was triggered by the rough labor. If she doesn't improve and get moved into the mother-baby room by tomorrow they will discharge P.J. and move her to the Nurological floor. So PLEASE PRAY SHE IMPROVES BY TOMORROW!!!
She has only been able to hold him once but she was still a little out of it. She told one of our other neighbors today that she just wanted to hold him so badly so she is coherent as far as being aware that he's in the room and what is going on.
I will keep everyone updated when I get more news. But please start praying for Laurie's body to "wake up" so she can go home with her baby and very worried husband!"
SO MOM's lets all pull together and pray for Laurie, it could have easily been one of us.
SO MOM's lets all pull together and pray for Laurie, it could have easily been one of us.
1 comment:
I am so sorry! We definitely have her in our prayers!
Post a Comment