Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Our New Baby

Charly Olivia Trent was born on March 24th, 2008 at 5:07pm. She weighs 8lbs 8oz. Is 21" long, has blue eyes, long fingers and toes and lots of hair!

We went to the doctor on Monday morning and they were surprised to see me still pregnant. They checked me and I was still at 4cm and fully effaced. (Yet still no contractions) They did and ultrasound to make sure she was head down, and she was. Then they offered to break my water at the hospital. Anyone surprised that I took them up on that? :) Garett and I arrived around noon (and it was snowing - how odd for Georgia). They broke my water at 1pm and contractions started right away. I dilated from 4cm to 7cm in an hour and a half and went for the epidural. Thank goodness for modern medicine! I pushed her out in around 40 minutes? We forgot to check the clock. So from start to finish it was all done in 4 hours and 7 minutes. Not bad.
Doing what I do best - making lists between the first few contractions. :)

Ta-Dah! She is here with a heathly pair of lungs.

Proud Dad. Garett was there supporting me all the way. He cut the cord after she arrived and stayed by her side and took pictures so that I would not miss a minute of her firsts.

This is Kim, our wonderful mid wife, she did a wonderful job with ease. She predicted exactly how things would go, and she was right every step of the way. And she knew exactly what to say to keep me in the right frame of mind. Thank you Kim!

Holding Olivia for the first/second time.

Check out those long toes!!!

And long fingers!!!

Lots of hair!! It feels so soft. I wonder if it will fall out?

Mimi was our first visitor. I still was a bit out of it.

2 comments:

Bryn said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!
Olivia is beautiful!!!!!!
So are you!

Heather Alvarez said...

CONGRATS!!! She's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!