Monday, September 08, 2008

The Little Things of Life

Sorry to have confused anyone, I started this post last night, got frustrated and quit. So here I am again. Today was a good day. My house was clean for about an hour, I think that's a new record. I realized that I really need to get on with teaching Owen to pick up his own toys or I'll be doing it myself for many years to come. I also went to Enrichment and learned how to make soap. It is surprisingly a dangerous mix but the end results are wonderful. I took home a bar of goats milk soap to try. I don't know that I will ever be into soap making, but it's good to know how. Most days continue to be uneventful for the most part, just enjoying the little things, and the little ones of course, in our lives.

Oh, by the way, Owen would now like to be called Calliou instead of Owen.
He reminds me about twice a day. :)

My recent blueberry coffee cake try. It was good but not awesome.

Daddy and Owen giving raspberries to Charly.
Despite the bored look on her face, she really did laugh.

Owen took this picture of the moon. If you look hard enough you might actually see it. While most of his pictures are still of the floor, walls and ceiling... I'm happy that he is actually getting his target in the picture.

Daddy's new helicoptor, or as Owen calls it, the cracker.
We have a lot of fun flying it in the back yard.

We went to our playgroup at Swift Cantrell park.
We made boo boo kits, we all shared bandaids and let the
kids decorate the boxes. That was the idea of the project anyway.

This picture shows Owen working on the box, but it's deceptive because really he played on the playground nearly the entire time. So I decorated the box trying to make it look like something Owen would do. I know I failed because all of the stickers are going the right way and none of them are all piled up in one spot. :)

The finished product.

We have used it twice already.


And just for fun, this is Owen about to take a flying leap off the couch while yelling "To Infinity and Beyond". It's a lot of fun to watch but I'm pretty sure I should be discouraging this behavior, I should, but probably won't.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey can't see the picture!!!! Can you check it? I don't want to miss anything. PLEASE????? LOL

Love ya'll
Nicole

Bryn said...

Hear ya on the flying leaps...they are only super heroes for so long! (in my mind forever!)

Anonymous said...

I look forward to your post so much. You never fail to make me laugh with Owen's antics. Keep up the good work!!!

Love ya'll,
Nicole